Oh man. So, I spent a little time watching some birth videos today. Uh........ hmmmm......... I'm going to do that? I guess the realization is a little late but it hit me right in the face ala Apollo Creed and Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. I'm pretty sure they didn't show any videos like that on Choices and Challenges Day at St. Mary's. Or maybe I was *skipping* absent, but I think I would have remembered something like that. I guess it has been working for eons, so no reason for me to spend any more time figuring out an easier way to do it. Puts away graph paper, protractor, and calculator
It's weird how your perspective changes as your life changes, too. Now I covet people's strollers instead of their bikes. It's Petit Bateau and Bonpoint instead of Kate Spade and Joe's jeans. We got a crib, as in a place where babies sleep not as in a place where rappers live that they give tours of on MTV with fountains of Cristal and live-in, round-the-clock booty shakers. Folks, it's a stark reality... I'm on my way to becoming one of those people. One of those mom people. The Dirty Diaper Club. And I'm totally excited about it!
Everything else is going really well. Eric is making good progress in the lab. I couldn't possibly describe any of it - something about rna transcription evolution ham sandwich. Maybe he'll update his old science blog! He can probably summarize bio-chemistry better than me, which isn't surprising considering that I don't even know what day it is. (January?)
We're still looking for an apartment. People have said that it takes as long as 8 months to a year to find (and get approved) for one here. So we aren't discouraged. I do hope we find something before baby comes so we'll have extra room for all those guests we're expecting?? Someone?? Anyone?? You're coming to visit us, right? crickets chirping, tumbleweed blows through blog
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't ever forget that I am not a fan of soccer moms. That is my excuse for disappearing for long periods of time. But since I won't be able to escape that here in Portland, I may still make a trip out there. Although that may only happen if there is some large windfall that lands in my lap...
Yeah, we'll come visit! :)
Post a Comment